• Muy bien, y muy caliente!!! This is some of the best Mexican food you can get in Chicago. And you HAVE to get something with mole sauce on it. They have great mole sauce!!! I think it's funny they ask if the restaurant is romantic... any restaurant can be romantic if you have the right company! :)
What our customers say...
• Best Chilaquilles and Caldo de Pollo we've had! Great service. Bottle of Coke from Mexico an extra treat!
• ... the food here is consistently good and inexpensive to boot. My advice is to order a specialty of the house, such as carnitas or bistec a la mexicana. BYOB a major plus!
• ...the food tasted pretty good. The chicken and beef were both perfectly spiced, and the sauces were not overwhelming. The tortillas were also freshly prepared, which added to the overall enjoyment of the meal. My dining partners had similar experiences. A ten-dollar bill should get you just about anything you desire on the menu, and only a few items were above that mark. A good deal, indeed. What I can pass on to you is that El Presidente is one joint you just don't want to miss.
• Been coming here for years! Consistently great Mexican food. Same quality since they started out on Lincoln Ave. The nachos taste as good as they did over 20 years ago. These folks have been in business for a long time because they know how to do great food. Yes, I do go to others, but, when we want to get something that we know we can count on, we are back here. There is a reason you see many Mexican people having dinner here. If you have to BYOB, a Corona would be good, the food is hardy so you don't want a heavy beer.
El Presidente Restaurante